Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenStage 40 logo not centered, text get cropped 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbot

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2019
FR
Hello again everyone, and sorry for taking so much of your time.

Thanks to you and this thread965-1793332 I'm now able to update the company logo everywhere on our OpenStage Phone, and it's working perfectly, but here's the catch, as I wanted to update the logo on our OpenStage 40, the display keep puting it on the far right and consequently cropping some of my text.

Here's what I created using paint on bitmap monochrome (size 144 x 32):

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1552313088/tips/logo_ppltfo.bmp[/url]

but here's what is displayed on the phone :

IMG_20190311_150037_pxd60t.jpg

I've even try to add the base unity logo (size 144 x 32) :

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1552314282/tips/OpenStage_40_logo_ztjmge.bmp[/url]

but here's what I get :

IMG_20190311_145426_mj3cks.jpg

My predecessor succeded in such task, here's the photo :

IMG_20190311_145537_ysmrqw.jpg

What have I done wrong this time ? Is this some kind of informatic curse or am I just a dummy ?

When I opened it up, in the properties it said it was in color. Try changing to black & white.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Hi LoPath, here's what I get from my properties :

Capture2_vsjvka.png

I seem to not see any color as the "profondeur de couleur" which translate by "color depth" is 1 BUT I might be wrong !

Here's how I save the file :

Capture_brkwcr.png

I select "Bitmap monochrome" which translate by "Monochrome Bitmap" (yeah I know, wasn't necessary...)
Is this the correct way to save this file ?

Hi Adibv, I've followed the rule written in this guide as a quick google search gave me a result on this thread965-1763917

Thank you both for taking your time to help me !

Open the file in MS Paint and look at the properties. Here's what I see:
Image_properties_zwrh02.jpg

I flipped it to black & white and saved it. Now it shows up as Black & White in the properties in Paint.
Modified file attached.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2c3cb314-52cc-4727-b2d6-0539e9fa8490&file=logo_ppltfo2.bmp
I've just done that and its show the same as you. I thought that it was the fact that I uploaded it but I just check the file you sent me and appart from the DPI they are identical.

Capture_h7wvmd.png

I've also tried to upload your file to our phone (with success) but sadly the logo was on the same position (all-right, if I may).

Thank you for the time you spend on this [bigsmile]

Care to try one that I know works? If this doesn't work for you, then I'd be looking at your phone's firmware version.

LoPath

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=196a51d4-9679-4206-b6b1-0bcb94a8071e&file=Air_Methods_Logo_-_OpenStage_40.bmp
To this point, I'm just gonna assume that my phone is pro-trump and is just going far right on purpose.

IMG_20190312_143639_bcyaxu.jpg

Joke aside, I'm going to check my phone firmware, I'll get to you as soon as possible but I've been put on another project for some time, I'll be back !

I think that would qualify as alt-right!

The latest OS40 HFA version is V3 R0.42.1. SIP is V3 R5.12.0.

[bigsmile]Good luck, sir![bigsmile]

LoPath

Welcome to the final episode of "I suck at this !".

So, I did as you said LoPath and tried to update the phone... Which was already automatically update, that wasn't a bad thing since we discoverd that we already have a DLS server, which we didn't know existed (even my supervisor). This is what happened when tech guys are fired and have no time to explain everything to the new guys...

That said, seeing how buggy it was, I decided to do a factory reset of the phone, and now it works perfectly !

IMG_20190314_102317_mrbelr.jpg

So it was indeed me the dummy, and the phone didn't help.
You were right LoPath, the firmware was indeed buggy.

I'm gonna write all of this down in case it happened again, and as always, thank you for blessing me with all you knowledge LoPath [bigsmile], you are amazing !

Awesome! Glad you were able to get it sorted out!

LoPath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back