Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenScape Web collaboration no access to localhost/admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hello

A new installation of openscape web collaboration on an win 2008 R2 server, on VMware.

The server is in a DMZ

From the server itself, i get a 404 error on
And my invite links also doesnt work?

If I download the client.exe from siemens web, then it works fine?

If i try connect with an Ipad, then i get the error, wrong session ID nr

anyone have any experience with this?

All I know is that it's a client-server app. It's so new that only a few people have any experience. Do you have the installation or service or Release Note documentation?

Upon reading this you might want to look at the last suggestion first. If IIS isn't running right it could impact all the others.

Unrelated to Siemens - I have had issues with DMZ not always doing what you want it to do. If you know the specific ports that you need I have had better luck making entries in the route table on the router to route those ports to your DMZ IP address.

I haven't messed with 2008 much, but on the older stuff there was a file in \windows\system32\drivers\etc (I think) called "hosts" and at the very least that file would have an entry that says "localhost 127.0.0.1" or the name/IP could be in reverse order.

If you look at Services, is IIS running? If you are not yet using the web server for other things you might try going into IIS Administration and telling it to restart the web services. Sometimes when you make config changes you have to restart it for everything to work right, or if the service isn't running for some reason....

These are just a few generic windows-related things you might look at, but I'm still back at 2003 and don't know what all changed for 2008.

Hello

The IIS is running, however it is empty? it only has the default sites. This makes me think that OpenScape Web collaboration uses its own web server, installed on a SQLExpr 2005.

I can Ping Localhost, but I get an answer from the IPv6 address?

If I delete the IPv6 address from the HOSTS file, I get response from 127.0.0.1

If I type in a browser the 127.0.0.1:80 I get an answer from OSWC but I can´t open localhost/admin, because Admin doesnt exist in the IIS?

This is very strange, seems they left something out of the installation guide.

Now that IIS is installed and running do you need to re install your openscape web collaboration stuff so that it puts itself into the IIS webspace, or do you possibly have to link it in there somehow or point your default website to that software's directory?

If IIS is running the system will find that as localhost by default. If you need some other web server to be localhost you would need to stop IIS and start that webserver or something similar.

The error you are getting is because your system is finding localhost but there is nothing there.

I have not worked with the software you speak of, but when I installed my webphonemanager for my AVST voicemail I had to tell the software to install it under the IIS webroot so it could find it. This may be a similar situation. Also be sure to look for prerequisites that need to be on the system, like PHP or something else similar. It could be as simple as needing to reinstall and telling it to install itself under webroot.

Look to see if it wants you to install the software directory under C:\Inetpub\ In my case my software made a directory called "wpm" under that directory, and I set the system up so that directory contains the default website. Now when I hit that server the site pops right up.

Otherwise look at your install docs to see if it uses apache or one of the other opensource web servers out there, etc....

unfortunatly the documentation is not adequate. some things is just not described very well.

but I now got it to work with the help of a collegue.

It turns out that the webserver is its own (apache or something else?) it acutally doesnt use the IIS, only for the web client like Ipad or Iphones.

Also it makes a binding on port 80 so the web service and the default service in IIS needs to be somthing else than 80 IE 8080

and also there is a place in the settings.ini file that you need /client at the end of the FQDN because it somehow refers to /clients in the openscape web server SQL.

(in my ignorance I thought it was a folder on the HDD)

but I wouldnt say this is an easy setup to do from the manuel direct.

But now I have an installation that works, I will do my own manual for it I think...

thanks for all

/juldal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back