Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Openscape server error 2

urimpulse

Technical User
Sep 1, 2024
I'm new working with openscape 4000. In my workplace has openscape 4000 ecoserver, as far as i know it is configured duplex. There are 1 ssd in server1 and 2 ssd in server2

The problem is, the server2 is fail. The 1st harddrive blinking rapidly. After i connected the server to monitor it show trouble like this /opt/platform/bin/analyze-hw-ecosrv: line 80: /var/run/platform/hwinfo: no such file or directory.
There is some missing file in drive. Is it ok if i clone server1 hardrive to server2 harddrive. Or the second harddrive is a backup?

Probably, 2 ssd is server 1, and 1 ssd is server 2.

You cannot clone one server to another, you will duplicate IPs and wish you hadn't.

If, on the 2 ssds, you think disk 1 is broken and disk 2 is not, you could shut down the server, take out disk 1, and see if it boots from disk 2. I would put disk 2 in the disk 1 slot before boot, but you don't have to. But if you do, it's clear which slot is sda, and sdb.

If corruption has copied across to disk 2, and it won't boot, you will have to reinstall the broken node using the "Replace Node" function of the Portal, which is running on the other server. This starts a DHCP server on the good node, then the bad node boots from DHCP (over corosync interface), pulls the install files across the network and reinstalls itself. For it to work, the install XML on node 2 must contain the install info for node 1, which it normally does but not always.

Replace node works most of the time, but not all of the time. If it doesn't work, you need the install USB to install the node.

There is no outage from the good server whichever method you choose.

Probably, 2 ssd is server 1, and 1 ssd is server 2.

You cannot clone one server to another, you will duplicate IPs and wish you hadn't.

If, on the 2 ssds, you think disk 1 is broken and disk 2 is not, you could shut down the server, take out disk 1, and see if it boots from disk 2. I would put disk 2 in the disk 1 slot before boot, but you don't have to. But if you do, it's clear which slot is sda, and sdb.

If corruption has copied across to disk 2, and it won't boot, you will have to reinstall the broken node using the "Replace Node" function of the Portal, which is running on the other server. This starts a DHCP server on the good node, then the bad node boots from DHCP (over corosync interface), pulls the install files across the network and reinstalls itself. For it to work, the install XML on node 2 must contain the install info for node 1, which it normally does but not always.

Replace node works most of the time, but not all of the time. If it doesn't work, you need the install USB to install the node.

There is no outage from the good server whichever method you choose.
you are correct, 2 ssd is server1 or CCA. By your suggestion i've shutted it down and take out the disk 1 off 2 SSD server, then turn it on again, but it couldnt booting up..

how to enter the portal? i've connect a monitor to the display port of the working server and it give me a login page. the password I only get is for user "linuser". When I was entering the passsword, it's requesting me to enter a new password. Is it the "portal"
I didnt have courage to enter the new password, cause I didnt know if the new password would lead to another trouble at the working server or not

You browse to the portal directly (get IP from the OLED display) or from Expert Mode menu in Assistant. You need engr login.

In a duplex setup, normally it is a rather unusual 3 disk RAID1 setup.

Usually CCA has 2 disks and CCB is 1 disk.

You browse to the portal directly (get IP from the OLED display) or from Expert Mode menu in Assistant. You need engr login.
This morning i've install the java to get to connect to the portal. Its succeed, but i was unable to enter engr login. I've tried password "4K-admin" , and tried entering comwin root password but i got nothing. I dont have the contact information of this PABX installer. Thank you, u are a great help

In this case, you have a problem. You need the engr password. You are forced to change from default on first login, so it was unlikely to be 4K-admin. Worth a try, it may have reinstalled and be default. But likely, it is something else.

(You don't need java for the Portal functions. Java is needed for some of the the Assistant functions.)

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back