Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Openphones Rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelmmaniac

Technical User
Feb 9, 2009
GB
Hi All,

I am having a bit of a brain freeze. I have a massive site. they dont use feature dn's. They have ip dect (OMM's) and they are all resilient.

I have a 5220 in a PUG with 4 Openphones. For some reason the openphones are stuck on the resilient controller and won't fall back to the primary. Obviously the 5220 cannot pick up calls. This has happened out of the blue. How can i get the openphones to rehome to primary without a reboot? Primary is on v7 (due to be upgraded to 4.0 sp3) and secondary is on v4.0 sp3 and has worked fine.

Thanks,
MM

Desk Jockey Lunacy

Have you tried the HST commands via the VXworks shell?

Not sure if it was there in rel 7 or not

hsHandback should throw the devices back to the Primary

also

hsPushback

this is for sets that have not returned

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

At that location it sounds like it is setup to be seperate.
The OMM that controls there erase the Resiliant option and reboot that OMM. That should bring the phones back to the PRI controller, if the OMM software has no problem talking to the V7 release.

not used those commands Supernova. hsHandback done from the secondary? will this only throw back the phones that are in resilient mode yes?

hsPushback whats the difference mate?

DoubleUT thanks for the reply.

Desk Jockey Lunacy

Both are done from the primary

hsPushback is the command I think you need as the help file says -

Forces failed over resilient devices back to their primary ICP. Use this command as an alternative fix when an hsHandback operation fails to return devices to their primary ICP because of network problems or other reasons.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back