Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenPGP with Tumbleweed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2006
US
Does anyone have any experience setting up Tumbleweed Email Firewall to use OpenPGP for automatic email encryption and authentication. I can't find any detailed setup information on Tumbleweeds knowledgebase. I put in a support ticket but I'm still waiting on a call back. If anyone has a clue please let me know thanks!

I don't know anything specific about tumbleweed. However I know of two possible routes you might explore for securing email using openPGP encryption.

1) (This is the one I would recommend.) PGP corporation has a PGP Universal product line. It is designed to do exactly what you are looking for.

2) Write your own (perl? python? windows batch files?) code for using gnupg to do the encryption. You would still also need to handle key retrieval and potentially key creation and signing.

The reason I suggest 1) is that PGP has done that work. (I'm a firm believer in _not_ re-inventing the wheel.) I also believe that PGP corporation does have some patents that might be infringed by 2)

--Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back