Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

openning new screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosting3

Programmer
Nov 1, 2005
JO
hi all.
it is aquestion go around my mind always!and i tried to search,but i think tek-tips is the best where can i have my info.
if i did aprogram,and want in this program to open new window and close the main window when i excucute the program what code do i need?
like i want to cin>> inputs,but i dont want to enter them in the main window,i need it in an independent one.
------

What exactly do you mean by close the main window. Do you mean minimize or really close. Such GUIs are normally pretty annoying to use. You click on something and then one window blinks shut and another pops up somewhere else.

You could have a modal dialog accepting inputs instead of the main one. Look up DoModal on MSDN and trace through from there for an example.

hmm,ok,i think what iam asking is not so well,i have another choice.What about clearing the screen and then have new information,then when i click as an example number 3,it go back to the main one!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back