Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenManage Error After Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgechter

MIS
Jul 24, 2002
US
We recently upgraded our version of OpenManage on our dell poweredge 1550 servers. We uninstalled the old version of OpenManage Server Admin and all OpenManage products and then installed the new version 3.4 A02.

I get no errors with the installation but after it reboots and I try to access Dell OpenManage I get an error "Please check documentation for info." That's it.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled in a different folder, deleted everything that had to do with openmanage, installed version 3.4 A01 and A02. I still get the message from above.

Has anyone else seen this? Any other suggestions? Thanks,
Wendi

if you have a Open Manage CD, try to locate "OMclean.exe". This tool wipes all of your OM-Installation from the OS, and you should be able to give it another try. Should be working fine. Unfortunately not downloadable yet.

Cheers

I have ran into this exact same error message on a Terminal server box. By luck I stumbled upon a fix. I had to tell IE to re-run the connect to the Internet setup wizard and that fixed it.
FYI: The OMCLEAN utility is now posted on the website in the Server Admistrator 1.4 download. Just make sure you do the unistall first via the application unistall script then run the OMCLEAN utility.

Do you mean rerunning the Internet Connection Wizard within IE or reinstalling IE all together?

I tried just rerunning the Connection Wizard and that did not solve the problem. Was there anything else involved? Thanks, Wendi

I just wanted to say thanks mholland. I reinstalled IE and it works perfectly. Thanks for the advice. Wendi

We experienced the same problem on our Terminal Service servers. I found that all I had to do was to force IE to be the default browser. While running Explorer go under Tools/Internet Options and click on the Programs tab. Towards the bottom there is a check box labeled "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser". Check this and restart IE. Now OpenManage will start without any problems. I'm not sure how to set IE as the default browser for the whole server so you may have to do this for all users that whish to run OpenManage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back