Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening shared calendar linked to domain logon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmayniac

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2009
US
We are using Exchange 2007 and Oulook 2003 clients. I have two logons on the domain. One logon is a regular user and the other is an administrator. I have created a mailbox for my regular user and delegated permission to my admin user. I can open the mailbox and send/receive using both accounts fine. I can open another users' shared calendar only using my regular user account though. Permission to the calendar was only given to my regular users mailbox account. Do I need to mail-enable my admin account and add that to the users' calendar permissions in order to be able to open the shared calendar with my admin account?

Is opening a user's shared calendar tied to the computer logon account for permissions and not the mailbox account logon?

If you need to mail enable your admin account then you don't have a mailbox so what you are doing initially is out.

Why not mail disable the admin account and then you don't need to do any of this?

Calendar is tied to AD as is everything.

Delegate permissions to a calendar are done on a mailbox level not AD. To access the shared calendar you would need to do one of the following:
1. Mail enable your admin account and delegate calendar permissions to it
2.If you don't want to mail enable your admin accout the only way to access the calendar would be to grant the admin account full mailbox access however this would allow you to see everything in the mailbox, not just the calendar.

ok, I've entirely misunderstood the OP. I *think* I understand now :)

Your Admin account may have a deny somewhere so that you can't see other calendars except those explicitly delegated.

Suggest you log on as yourself and where required use runas so that you don't need to log on as Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back