Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening required ports in ISA 2006 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divaldo

Technical User
Sep 18, 2007
GB
hi,

I have an application that uses TCP ports 22 and 2001. Can anyone tell me how I allow access to the application over these ports through ISA 2006?

Traffic is both inbound and outbound and my internal server hosting the application has the IP address 172.16.0.14.

Many thanks.

Opening SSH (port 22) inbound/outbound to your DMZ is common, however be careful opening 2001 inbound especially if you are running any FreeBSD servers.

To allow SSH in/out you need to define the object(s) in this case your server, in the ISA firewall. Once you've defined the object you need to add it to a rule that simply states (object A as source:eek:bject B as destination:allow protocol(ssh))

hope this makes sense

Thanks, that was easy enough. I'm still not having any luck getting traffic through, i think it must be getting blocked by our ISP.

Thank you.

Our ISP have allowed these ports now but we're still not getting traffic through.

In my ISA logs i'm seeing the following:

0x0 Error_success
and then immediately this is followed with
0x80074e21 fwx_e_abortive_shutdown

This is when trying to access port 2001 from externally. The server i'm trying to reach is on our internal network behind ISA 2006.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back