Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening ports on the Server Edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TISTech1

Vendor
Nov 17, 2011
US
I have a Server Edition at 9.1.3, they are installing Xima Chronicall. Port 9106 seems to be blocked which is causing problems.
Does anyone know how I could open it?

Thank you!

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS û SME

[root@F0921C1283F4 ipoffice_chronicall_rpm_64_setup_3_6_25]# sh install.sh -serial *************************************
JInstallationFramework loaded.

The default Chronicall port range 9080-9089 is unavailable. The next 10 port range available is 9100-9109. Would you like to use this range? (y or n) y
Attempting to stop chronicall and postgres if running...
Installing Chronicall...
Setting Up System...
Copying Web Server Installation Files...
Copying Web Server App Files...
Configuring Web Server...
Copying Postgres Files...
Setting Up Database...
The following error occurred during installation:
Failed to create chronicall database. [highlight #FCE94F]Attempted to use port 9106[/highlight], try installing with a different port range.

Thanks!

Do you install it on top of the AVAYA SE server?

yeah, it becomes another service on the centos server.

Thanks!

I found this and it worked!

#iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 9106 -j ACCEPT - Allows all traffic to UDP port 9106

#/etc/init.d/iptables save - Saves all IPtables rules and re-applies them after a reboot

Thanks!

I hope you will not need Avaya support on that server.

Exactly as derfloh said. From the Xima support site:

Chronicall cannot be directly installed on the Avaya IP Office Server Edition or C110 module, but it can easily be installed on a separate server and pointed to the Server Edition's IP address to access call data and recordings. See Advanced Recording Library Installation for more details.

That doesn't mean it can't be done, but there is a good chance that neither Xima nor Avaya would provide support should the need arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back