Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening pix firewall port question for vpn access...

Status
Not open for further replies.

126rjp

MIS
Nov 6, 2003
US
I am new to cisco, so please be kind to my stupid question. I am trying to access my main office from behind a PIX 501. The main office has a PIX 515 and VPN is working fine for all Cisco vpn clients (version 3.51), except from behind the 501. Both PIX's are running 6.33, and I have nat-t enabled on the 515 at the main office. I have been able to establish a connection with the vpn to the main office, but not able to access any resources, can't map drives or use terminal services, etc...

I have looked through alot of these postings and have come up with, I need to open ports for udp 500 and upd 4500 on the 501 PIX. My question is how do I do this, and on what interface, outside interface for in? inside interface out? I am clueless... any guidance would be a great help.

You need to open UDP 500 and IP protocol 50 (ESP). You may also need to enable NAT-T on the 515 or configure a static translation for the VPN client on the 501.

Thanks for the reply themut, but I am pretty clueless here, how would I open the ports? would I do it through access lists? sorry, but this is my first experience with cisco...

access-list <any-name> permit udp <source-ip> <mask> <destination-ip> <mask> eq 500
access-list <any-name> permit 50 <source-ip> <mask> <destination-ip> <mask>

Use the link below as a guideline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back