Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening JPG file using Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgunf25

Programmer
Jul 8, 2001
US
I have an application that uses "Append General from "JPG file name". This works great when running Windows 2000 professional. I get an error "Paint.JPG can not open this type of file". I know MSpaint is used and can open JPG files using Professional not Server.

My question is how can I force VFP 6.0 to used Kodak Imaging or some other product to open the file instead of MSpaint. I have tried I think almost everything with no results.

The JPG files are scanned signatures to be printed on documents.

Would appreciate any help. Oh yah the reason I need the the server to create these files. I am using "Terminal Services" to function as a thin client on the server. The applicaiton is used a fat and thin client depending on how you configure your network.

I have not tested it, but I think you need to make sure that a jpg is associated with some program. I.E. if you are in explorer and double click on a jpg some program, kodak, paint etc. must come up, not the what do you want to open this file with dialog. You can do this by putting jpg on the server trying to open it and when that dialog shows up, select the appropriate program and check the always use this program box.

Thanks,

I tried changing the file association of .JPG to Kodak imaging and it still uses MSPaint when I execute append general from \file.jpg.

I'd successfully made a dbf-type help file. Can anyone teach me how to "make" a window-like help file in Foxpro6 generated exe ?

FreddyHo,
You need to start a new thread... Thanks,
-Scott

Please let me know if this has helped! s-)

Will answer my own question. I wrote a Wsh script and converted the JPG to a BMP that can be opened in both environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back