Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheiboy

Technical User
May 9, 2003
CA
Does anyone in here know if you can do a 'flash' presentation in Access 97 similar to a website? Thanks.

If I understand what you mean, then kind of

If you write in VBA a routine that opens a form, and counts to 20000 (about 5 seconds) then closes it and opens another one.

ChaZ

Also, for waiting, I don't recommend for loops. Try this:
Code:
Public Sub WaitSeconds(Seconds As Integer)
    If Seconds > 60 Or Seconds < 0 Then Exit Sub

Dim datStart As Date

datStart = Now()

Do While DateDiff(&quot;s&quot;, datStart, Now()) < Seconds
        DoEvents
    Loop

End Sub

Thanks, I'll check out the website.

Blah, while i'm error-checking, first. The MVPs site has code for waiting/&quot;sleeping&quot; code:

...and my Shell() command wouldn't work. I'm familiar with the ShellExecute command, which is also listed (as an API call wrapper function) at the MVPs site:

So the appropriate code would be:

Code:
apiShellExecute &quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://seizurebots.com/&quot;[/URL]

...which then induces seizures, bug-free.

Ok, How would I incorporate our company logo and the Missions statement into this flash screen before going onto the database. Sorry about this, I'm new to all this fancy stuff.

Ahh. I see. Just use a standard form. Set up your form so they can see the logo and mission statement--the visual design is all you. Use the Timer() event. Set the timer interval to something like 30000 (30 thousand milliseconds -> 30 seconds).

Have a button that says &quot;Continue&quot;.

When the users click the Continue button, or the timer runs out, you execute the following:

DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name

DoCmd.OpenForm &quot;yourMainMenuForm&quot;

that's all.

Once again, thank-you. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Steve

steve.bigman@hcs.maricopa.gov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back