Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biapro

Programmer
Jun 4, 2017
NL
By default all mine Pervasive files exits on same directory as .ddf path J:\pds, e.g. NAMES.MKD
I have a net use connection like net use s: \\192.168.1.22\pds wich is a Volume on a Nas

If the file would be on ddf path location this will work
vAflever.DatabaseName = "J:\PDS\NAMES.MKD"
vAflever.Location = vAflever.DatabaseName
status% = vAflever.Open

But this gives error 3012

vAflever.DatabaseName = "S:\PDS\NAMES.MKD"
vAflever.Location = vAflever.DatabaseName
status% = vAflever.Open

I want to use this to write /update al records twice ,
one to the a main file on J:\PDS wich is the data map on te pervasive Serer

and a copy off all work done record by record , so real -time on the S: the backup Nas

I use VB6 pro to program
How to solve or create a thing like this
Thanks

Error 3012 means the engine is not accessible. Do you have the Btrieve / Pervasive / Actian engine installed on the machine running the application? If not, you need to install it on the machine running the application. If you do have it installed, what exactly do you have installed? Is it running as a service or as a regular process?

Mirtheil

we have a server, workstations has pervasive sql 2000 installed
all files on server ddf path are ok , but a file placed on other path give error

If you have the server engine, it can only access files locally. You might be able to get a Workstation Engine to access the files that are on a NAS using a SUBSTed drive but it's not recommended. The Workstation Engine would need to be running as a process (rather than as a service).

Mirtheil

ok i understand, thanks for help will take look at website to see for other help/advises etc.
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back