Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening email from exchange is SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericksot

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
US
I have several users who are complaining that opening a email from exchnage is painfully slow. I have noiticed my self sometimes it can take 20 seconds to a minute to open a message that sits on exchange. I have checked the users TCP settings in the registry to ensure TCPIP is used first, but to no avail. My exchnage box is plenty big enough and fast enough. Has anyone else seen this or has a possible solution, your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

some time it is slow ok..
but genrally it shouldn't be slow..
if not then increase the virtual memory in the Server this should help u in solving the problem to some extend..

I had the same problem and tried troubleshooting from the physical all the way up to the application layer. I was running Exchange 5.5SP3 on NTSP5. I even contact MS Support directly, ran eseutil and all the utilities available to troubleshoot Outlook2k clients opening there inbox from Exchange. I later found that a bug existed and I just had to load NTSP6A. Hope this helps, cause I know I needed when I heard all those users complaining.

sp6a fixed the problem on all of our servers as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back