Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening Database from DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberO

MIS
Oct 17, 2001
GB
I need to use batch files to open my database. This works fine on machines running NT. However, computers running ME do not recognise 'letters.mdb' as a command to open the database.

Does anyone know how to open a mdb file from DOS using ME?

Thank you

Amber

I use a .cmd file for a similar purpose.
Try something like :
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" C:\yourdirectory\subdirectory\YourAccess.mdb

Thanks for the reply, but it still won't work - any other ideas?????

Please cut and paste your batch file code here and explain what the error is. We should be able to help you out... Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

From a dos prompt when I type letters.mdb the exact error is 'bad command or file name'. The path is definately correct and I chacked the file associations as well.

(The rest of the batch file works ok, which is why I haven't pasted it in)

Thank you,
Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back