Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening an Existing WEB site with Front Page 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
We installed Front page 2000 on a new computer<br>It relapce the Old PC completely so It is not an upgradre but a new install.<br>We were using Front Page '98 on the old PC<br>How do we connect to an existing WEB on our ISP<br>all files were maintained on the WEB site and not on the local drive.<br>I&nbsp;&nbsp;can't seem to find anything in Help at all.<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

I can't help with this at the moment, but I have the same problem. I have re-loaded Front Page 98 on a new computer that replaced the one we used to maintain our web site on. When I try to open the web, I get an error message &quot;There is no server on Port 80 at &lt;my computer name&gt;&quot;. This is with a live connection to the internet and my (uneditable) web site in view through ie5. Help!!

Well I know Port 80 needs to be addressed in your Proxy server. I had the same problem here.<br>Not sure what the exact fix was.<br>I think it had to do with using the Old Proxy client software connecting to the new Proxy server.<br>We are using Microsoft Proxy 2.0<br>Did your other PC connect to the Internet through your direct connect or in a dialup modem.<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

&nbsp;&nbsp;I can tell you about the Port 80 error. While installing&nbsp;&nbsp;select Custom Install, in which, tick all the items. Install.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Atleast your Port 80 problem will be solved.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I had developed some web pages, which I tried to transfer to another computer, but was'nt successfull, as I copied only the html files and the graphics. Then I copied all the files and folders in the directory, and it worked fine. But at some places you had to sort of refresh ( double clicking on the object and clicking OK )<br>

You just need to copy and paste all &quot;old&quot; files into the new content folder and they will work.&nbsp;&nbsp;You can also open the explorer and &quot;Open FrontPage Web&quot; -&gt; Click &quot;Open An Existing Web&quot; -&gt; Click &quot;More Webs&quot; -&gt; Enter the IP Address of the new server -&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Click &quot;List Webs&quot; and it should bring up the name of your old web so you can work on it, then save it and publish to the NEW local machine so you have a backup copy as well as publishing back to the ISP for updated info.

Using your FrontPage 2000 on your new computer, you can download your entire site from your web server and publish it to your local drive.&nbsp;&nbsp;The site stucture will also stay in tact.&nbsp;&nbsp;I bought a new PC several months ago and had a number of FrontPage web sites in 98 on my old computer.&nbsp;&nbsp;I simply opened the sites on my new computer and downloaded them into my FrontPage web.<br><br>Click the Open Web on the File menu and in the drop down list go to Web Folders and then type in your URL.&nbsp;&nbsp;Once you found your site with your user id and password you can download it into the FrontPage web and then save it to your hard drive.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will then have the current files. <p>Hella<br><a href=mailto:webmaster@vision21enterprises.com>webmaster@vision21enterprises.com</a><br><a href= Enterprises</a><br>

[sad] Frontpage 2000 - Something has caused my folders to no longer be displayed in my folder list pane. Selecting or deselecting Folder List from my View menu has no effect. It appears to be a software configuration problem because I can view/edit the folders and files from my laptop frontpage 2000 connected through the same firewall/router. I tried repairing office 2000 and uninstalling/restalling FP to no avail. Can Anyone help? TA Ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back