Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening Access to a form directly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
US
I have an Access 2002 database that I would like to open up directly inot the form with out opening up access first then choosing the database then the form. Can this be done? James Collins
Hardware Engineer
A+ Certified Professional
Network+ Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified System Administrator
(What does all that jargon below my name mean? I dont know I am still trying to figure it out!)

Not sure about 2002 but in 2000 Select Tools => StartUp and under Display Form/Page select your form

Is there a way to hide the rest of access and have just the form show? James Collins
Hardware Engineer
(What does all that jargon below my name mean? I dont know I am still trying to figure it out!)

I also am a beginner at VB6. Is it difficult to create a VB app that would do the same as the form I created in Access? Or could I use Access to create the exe from the form? James Collins
Hardware Engineer

You can hide the Database window and limit the menus that are available to the user all from the same place you set the startup form. If the user holds down the shift key when they open the database, though, they bypass all of that, including the startup form.

You can make and MDE file from an Access Database using Tools => Database Utilities. I haven't actually done this myself though so I don't know what the end results will be

If you want to use VB, I don't think there is anyway to use the Access form. You'd have to create a new form in VB.

There is a FAQ on how to do this. It works well. Unfortunately, I don't have FAQ number. Do a search for "Hide Access Window" and you should be able to find it. If not, email me, I will forward the code that the expert posted to the FAQ.

The new look is impressive -- however, you don't have access to menus, which kind of hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back