Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening Access From an Outlook Email Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

rewdee

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
To All

This is going to be a tough one.

In an Access application, I send out Email notifications about some data changes. The users have requested that a link be placed on the Email notice that if clicked will open up Access App and goto a specific form at a specific record.

I have Access 97 Developer's Handbook that has a chapter regarding controlling Access as an Automation server but what I can't figure out how to do is write this code in the actual Email. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rewdee

Here is my idea.
What I would do is create a shortcut to the form that they need to link to {right click on the form and hit create shortcut), and save it on my computer "C:\shortcut".
Then when sending the e-mail I would attach the shortcut (I can send you code that will allow you to send attachments outside of access).
Then the user will be able to open that form straight from the e-mail, although they would not be able to go directly to the specific record without quite a bit more work.
If you want the code to send the email tell me how you are sending the email now (using a macro, or code). The hardest questions always have the easiest answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back