Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening access 2003 .mdb file

Status
Not open for further replies.

techMultilink

Technical User
Mar 24, 2016
CA
Hello Everyone,

One of my client has an issue with an older access software. His software includes 5 databases and when we try to open one of them
We get the following error. The Database that you are trying to open or convert is currently in use, or you do not have permission to open it exclusively.

The file is not open. Both pc who has access to it have been rebooted multiple times. I have check the user and folder prmission they all have admin access...

What else? I have done multiple search on google with no success to a solution...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Luc

Have you tried backing up, and then running "Compact and repair"?

Next I would try creating a new file and importing everything into that.

How can I do a compact and repair if I can't open the database? and same thing about importing.

Thanks

Or security has been set on it and you do not have a .mdw file for it.

Or there could be an .ldb associated that needs deletion.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

You can open access without opening the database and select compact and repair. It will prompt you to select a file and then prompt for a destination file. The original is left intact in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back