Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening a web page in Firefox using VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidlee42knicks

Programmer
Jul 25, 2007
US
Hello,

I am using Visual Basic in an Access database, and I want to open a web page in Firefox using VBA. Any help on this? If it may be done, I would also like to pass a username and password to log in. I am aware this is possible using IE; however, I also need to view the page in Firefox. I welcome any advice.

Thanks,
Mike

davidlee42knicks,
Last I checked Mozilla Firefox doesn't have COM support so you can't 'drive' it like you can IE.

CMP

[small]For the best results do what I'm thinking, not what I'm saying.[/small]
(GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)

I haven't tried, but couldn't you open it with a Shell command?

That's it! That will open the page - now, do you know of a way to pass PostData here or is that possible?

You've been a tremendous help,
Mike

The only way I've ever done that is with the Internet Browser control (I'm not sure if that's the official name for it). It's basically a mini IE in an ActiveX control. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that with FireFox, but then is there any reason it has to be FireFox?

Yes, it has to be Firefox for testing in that browser. I'm using the IE ActiveX control separately for testing in the IE browser. Shell command worked great - first time using that, and I'm sure I'll use that many more times in the future.

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back