Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening a Notes document from vb.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

foundryqa

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
US
I would like to be able to view a notes document from my vb.net app. I'm thinking of something like viewing a .pdf, where the document is in a control. Otherwise, just opening the correct document would work. All of the documents are in the same .nsf file. I'm really unsure of how to reference the document objects. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

I don't understand.
Do you like to access the data in the database via VB.net?
Or do you like to display the form?

If you want to do the first thing: Take a look at Lotus/IBM-Website and search for "dtcom".
It is the Lotus COM integration. After installing, you can access the databases via COM-Classes.
(A good help file is also applied)

Ole

Ohinz, Thanks for responding. I would like to do the second. I currently use some information from the same Notes database through an ODBC connection, but now want to view the form.

I don't know any possibility to access the forms of a database - I think, there is no possibility.

That's why there are solutions like iNotes.

Ole

This isn't entirely true. You can use NotesSQL to access an embedded folder or view via SQL calls through an ODBC driver.

I have been able to query the information in Notes for sometime, my hope was for the user to actually view a given Notes form from an event in vb. The best case would be for a control in vb to accept the Notes form and view it. Although, it would still be of benefit if an event in vb opened Notes and viewed the proper form based off of information provided by vb to Notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back