Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening a new window in a drill down

Status
Not open for further replies.

driggels

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
US
I have a report that lists the number of records in a batch file (PDF format). I created a link from the batch number to a drill down report that will display the records in that batch file (again, PDF format). I am calling these reports from a web page.

The link to the new report works, but I cannot get it to open in a new window. It always opens in the same window and I cannot even use the BACK button to go back to the first report.

Here is the code in the stylesheet to get the link to the new report:

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=BATCH_ID_NR,
URL=http://glswfintnp/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?(IBIF_ex='VL0023WF' IBIAPP_app='NOSLoanMaint'FILE_TYPE='&FILE_TYPE' BATCH_NUM=BATCH_ID_NR),
TARGET=_BLANK,$

Is anything wrong with the above code? What should I do differently?

I have had trouble with PDF and that may be the issue. May have to do with Acrobat plugin.

Switch to HTML output and see if you get what you want.

You're right. According to IBI, opening a new window is just not possible from a PDF file - it is not implemented. I can't use HTML for the report, so I'll have to think of a workaround.

Thanks for the response.

Maybe this could help:

BUTTONS/A300 =
'<INPUT NAME=&quot;pdf&quot; TYPE=&quot;BUTTON&quot; VALUE=&quot;Acrobat Report&quot; ' |
'TITLE=&quot;Open a report in Adobe Acrobat format&quot; '|
'target=&quot;w&quot; onclick=window.open'|'
'(&quot; |
'/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?' |
'IBIF_ex=inmarpdf&quot;,&quot;window_name&quot;); ' |
'</input>' ;

Thaks, but this is HTML. I need to be able to open a PDF report in a new window from a PDF report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back