Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening a new page in it's own browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickLiebespach

Programmer
Sep 29, 2003
US
I'm on to my next puzzle... wanna help?
I'm using an OCX alarm. When the alarm fires I'm trying to display a message in a new page, displayed in a new browse window.
My alarm function is currently displaying a msgbox. I've looked at the msgbox and it looks like it supports a variety of buttons. I've tried to display a message with Yes/No buttons... but every time I try I get an error message.
... what I really need is to display a new page with radiobuttons and other such stuff... but I don't know how to open that page in it's own browse window.
How would you change this function to do that?

Sub ctAlarm1_Alarm(ByVal cKeyID, ByVal cAlarmData)
' Show that the Alarm event has been raised
dim cMessage
dim nStyle
dim cTitle
dim myHour
dim myMinute
dim mySecond

DIM TestDate
TestDate = DateDiff("d",#01/01/1900#,Now)

cMessage = "Reminder: " & cKeyID & CHR(10) & CHR(13) & " Snooze?"
msgbox(cMessage)

'nStyle = 4 'YesNo buttons
'cTitle = "Reminder"
'msgbox(cMessage, nStyle, cTitle)
'If response = MsgBoxResult.Yes Then ' User chose Yes.
' ' Perform some action.
' myHour = hour(Now)
' myMinute = minute(Now)
' mySecond = second(Now)+15
' Call ctAlarm1.SetKeyTimeAlarm(TestDate, myHour, myMinute, mySecond, cKeyID, False, 0, 0, 0)
'Else
' ' Perform some other action.
'End If
End Sub

Rick Liebespach

I've been looking at this and I now believe, because of other things I need to do in this page (interact with the instance of an OCX in the originating page, that I really don't want to open a new browser...

I've decide that using frames would be a better approach and just finished a sample program to see if it would work... and it did.

Rick Liebespach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back