Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening a cash drawer through the serial port in Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahara666

Technical User
Nov 1, 2001
CA
I am trying to create a POS system in Access, and I want to purchase a Cash Drawer that will hooks up to a serial port. Does anyone know the command to open the cash drawer or how to program it in VBA to open the drawer when necessary??

Thanks for the help!
J.

Is there existing software you are using with this drawer? If so I would say that you would code to call the command to open the drawer based on what the user input is. Lots of API functions. Other than that, I'm not real positive on the details.

Jay [3eyes]

I created an EXE file that opens a cash drawer either on COM1 or on COM2. It worked with Access 2.0 and would have to test whether or not it works with A2K A2002.
If there is sufficient interest for this software I would take care of it.

Hi Francescina,

I am working with Access 2000 and would love to get the details of this program you have created. Would you please email me at jpaperwala(at)yahoo.com

Thank you,
J.

Francescina,

I am also working on Access2000 and need to make it so that my stock control system can open the till. Could you also send me the details of this system on mswilson17@yahoo.com

cheers,

wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back