Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

openDocument Passing parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallaa

Technical User
Nov 28, 2006
US
Hi,
I am currently working on openDocument function in BO6.1. Can any one help me in this little syntax? I am trying to create the object in universe and syntax as follows.
'<a href="
I am not clear this portion of syntax: ='+Id:id+'">'+Id.id+'</a>'

It should take me to sub report, When i click Member_No column in main report. Prompt value should take from the main report Member_No

Master report name = Member_name
Child or sub report name = Idhref
Prompt = Memberno
Report ID = 2315

Thank you

What goes after Memberno (is this really your exact prompt text?) is the table.column from the database where this thing comes from that you're passing to the next report.

The other one is what you're going to display in the cell on the report for them to click on.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Hello Steeve,
I am passing 10 characters Memberno. The following is the syntax. I am getting an error.
Connection or SQL sentence error: [DA0005]
ORA-01722: invalid number :-1722

Is the syntax is good?

'<a href="schemaname(FIN_PROD).TableName(Pensions).columnname(MemberNumber)+'</a>'

My requirement is I am displaying the main report column name MemberNumber and sub report prompt also MemberNumber(Memberno). When user clicks on Main report MemberNumber field, it should take to sub report and pass the prompt value from main report MemberNumber.
I hope this question is clear?

Thank you.

Look, it's Oracle. I don't think the + is the right way to concatenate a character string. Don't you have to use ||?

Your problem is not yet with the link. The problem is that you are getting data out of the databse that is not numeric in the MemberNumber field. That's where I would start looking.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Thank you Steeve,
I did change + to || and it is working fine. Now i need to pass three parameters and those are three columns or may not be columns, how do i do that.

Thanks,
Tallaa

What do you mean by 3 parameters?

lsSMemberno......&lsSParam2=.......&lsSParam3.....

Are these 3 values to 1 prompt or 3 separate prompts?

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Hi Steeve,
Option 1:
1. Main report contains a).MemberIdn(XXXXXX) b).YearQtr(XXXXX) C). FundCode(XX) and other columns.
I want to click on memberIdn and then it should take the rest of the prompt values from main report. Hyperlink only for MemberId.

option 2:
I can show the three fileds concatination value in the main report. If i click the field it should take me to subreport and 3 prompts values from this field.

I hope the above information sufficient to get the answer.
Thank you,
Tallaa

I don't know what else to tell you.

If you really want to learn, do a search at busobj.forumtopics.com

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Hi Steeve,
Thank you. This the task for me right now. I am trying with three prompts and one prompt, eaither way is good for me. I have observed one prompt may be easy to start. DBA has created concat column in database and i am working on that right now. I did checked in busobj.forumtopics.com. Your guidence helped me to go forword.
Thank you,
Talla

Hi Steeve,

Thanks for your help and i able to open the subreport with one prompt, Now i need to open the sub report with 3 prompts.

I am creating fullcilent reports(BO6.5) and published the reports in to the repository. Users are going to open up the report in WEBIi6x.

Here are the details.

Database: Oracle9i
BO 6.5 full client Report
Initially i am working with one prompt and it is working fine. Now i need to pass 3 parameters, How?
Main Report Name : RocMain
Detail Report Name : hrefreport
Prompts: 1). Membercdelong 2) YRQTR 3). LOCID

Can any one help to frame the syntax. My doubt is i can click on one field how does it take other fields?

'<a href="

Thanks in advance,
Talla

If you need 3 prompts you simply use 3 lsS paramters:

......lsSMembercdelong=......&lsSYRQTR=xxxxx&lsSLOCID=xxxxx

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Hi Steeve,

Thanks for your help. Now i am able to open the sub report with 3 prompts.
At present i am passing 3 parameters(......lsSMembercdelong=......&lsSYRQTR=xxxxx&lsSLOCID=xxxxx) And link field is concatenation of these 3 fields. I am not sure this is correct.
I got one more request. At present display(link column) is concatenation of 3 fields. Now i do not want to show concatenation value. I just want to show as (click here for details). How do i do that? I tried but it is not sending prompt values and giving error for sub report.

Regards,
Tallaa

'+Id:id+'">'+Id.id+'</a>'

This was from your original post. The 2nd id.id can be substituted with whatever text you want to display. Make sure to use the correct quotation marks.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back