Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open the mutiple links at same window

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehorse24

Programmer
Sep 22, 2006
US
Hi Everyone,

I have a page that contain mutiple links. What I try to do is: when I open those links I want those links to be opened in the same window. I coded
Code:
target="_wdw123"
for each link. The first URL was opened in the window wdw123 has no problem. But when I click the 2nd link, the window wdw123 was minimized even the 2nd URL was opened in the window wdw123. How do I make the window keeping in Maxmized. Since when I click the 2nd link, the window looks like been closed, it's going to confuse the users.

I don't know if I explained clearly.

Thanks ahead!

You cannot do that via HTML. HTML is not meant to control your browser anyway (that is why target attribute is available only in frameset environments where it has its place), so opening a link in another browser window is already stepping outside marked HTML territories.

You can however control the client's browser windows via javascript. If you want to do that, you can the guys in forum216 for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back