Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Tab Form to Specific Tab 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb2

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
US
Basically my question is this: How do I have the Tabbed form open to a Tab other than the first one?

I have a tabbed form for table updating. Each tab is for a different table. On normal 'opening' it doesn't matter which tab is shown upon opening. However, I would like to establish a link from another form for the user to quickly update information for one of the Tabs only.

Anyone got suggestions?

Just set the focus to any control on the page you want. Rick Sprague

How can that be done? When the Tabbed form is opened from the Switchboard, the first tab should show. But when opening from a different form, tab 3 to show. I know how to set the general focus of the form on open, but how do I establish exceptions when being opened from different forms.

You can use the OPENARGS property to tell the tabbed form it's being opened from the other form, and then set the focus to a particular PAGE on the tab-control.

Look up OPENARGS in the help system - it's simple to use.

Jim How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Sounds good.....I knew it could be done, just needed direction. If I can't get it working, I'll get back to you.

Thanks!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back