Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Source fla's 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

billwatson

Instructor
Dec 18, 2002
CA
Hi

I have added some fla's to the open source section.
These fla's are basic/intermediate level and deal with sound, opening a new window, dynamic loading of text and images etc.
I added them as I see the same questions coming up over and over.
Hope some of you find them useful.
They can also be found at

These files are stored my home pc so will not be available 24/7.

My! My! Sharing your secrets!

Why don't you stick them up in the FAQ section here, then they'd allways be available. Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Hi Bill!

Pretty cool stuff!!

Just a few things i'd like to add.

The window generator somehow misses a closing bracket and a semicolon or something when generating the code.
When i just added them i couldn't get the code to work. (but i have to admit that i am a real nitwit in javascript)

and (what is less important)

4 of the clips miss a "back" button to get back to the main site.

For the rest... Respect! regards

tektips.gif

Thanks firegambler,

yip i forgot some back buttons...ill soon fix that.
the code thing is harder to understand. the code genererated is the code on the button..which works for me as i always get the correct window..mind you i dont think i ever tried copying and pasting it. ill have another look.

Well done Firegambler,

you were correct..when the code was being written to the textfield it dropped a bracket for some reason. I slightly altered the way in which the text box content was assembled and that fixed the problem.

Worth a star.

Well, i guess sharing your helpful files with us is worth at least one star for YOU!! regards

tektips.gif

billwatson,

How do I change the image to be centered and how do I remove the Top Left option.

T.I.A.

bottom left whre it says pic2 pic2 etc.

this is list box even if it dont look like one. just click this area go to the properties box where you can alter the labels and the data. just change the values in this box to your own.

just delete the radio button and the left thingy is gone. this wont matter to the code which will carry on to automatically centre your image.

Thanks,

I can now change the images but I also deleted the centered button that I didnt want and now it doesnt work. I get my image but it is not centered.

How do I fix it ?

T.I.A.

you may have changed this function already to set cfactor to 0 (or another number)

anyway delete the function moveimage and replace it with this

function moveimage(){
Cfactor = 50
picholder._x = (Stage.width - picholder._width)/2;
picholder._y = (Stage.height - picholder._height)/2-Cfactor;
}

makes it a much smaller function.

thats all you have to do.

Yipeeeee.

Thank you very, very much. It all works now. I didnt know about that cfactor as I was afraid to touch the code which I didnt understand but making that 0 centers everything perfectly.

You have made my day.

Hello,

I'm very new to "Flash MX" and don't know how to do much yet can you help me with this please? I am trying to make a statistical loading screen. I would like to have a loading bar that will tell you the percent of the page loaded. Many large sites have them.

cheers,

Billy

Thank you,

I have been trying to make a loading screen for 3 day. Your reply solved my problem thanks.

Cheers,

Billy

Hello,

There's one more thing I would like to know.
How can you make text fade in/out?

Cheers,

Billy

if you go to my download site

and download the tween fla that will give you the actionscript to fade movieclips in and out. you place the text in a movie clip and then fade the movie clip in and out. if the text is dynamic then you must embed the font. you dont have to embed static text.

Hello,

I put the preloader on my web page. It worked but when the page was finished loading it started to flicker from the proloader to the home page. I put the preloader on a new frame I think it's trying to play Frame 1 and then play Frame 2.

Thanks,

Billy

i have no idea what preloader you are using. its a component then go back to the site and read the comments.someone else may have had the same problem and a solution has been posted. otherwise read the instructions and make sure you are using it correctly. you can always post a message there for the creator of the preloader who will better able to answer you than me.

Do you have a stop action(); on your main scene? Otherwise the movie may be constantly looping back to the preloader.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back