Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open shockwave web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

instructorTek

Instructor
Jun 5, 2006
Hi all I'm creating shockwave menu so that when the user clicks a button, another shockwave file opens. When I try it out in Director, on clicking the button I get an error message 'Cannot open the file'. When I use the menu to open a normal html file, the file opens as expected. I'm using: gotonetpage "notes\file.html" and this works only if file.html is a plain html file with no embedded shockwave. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Actually when I click the button on the shockwave menu page it tries to open the other shockwave web page but it is not opening it because it attempts to open the following: How can I get it to open notes\file.html in the current directory without attempting to open Any help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back