Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open MS Outlook 2k as another user

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdina

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
US
Can I open MS Outlook 2k as another user. I have lost all network capabilities on a laptop and need to log-in locally, and have to save another users .pst... no option that I am aware of for logging in as that user, pcmcia ports both broken as well as USB... in real trouble. I have connected via laplink, only local user is administrator. Any suggestions???

Thanks,
Bryan

Not quite sure what the problem is you may need to explain a bit more.

If you wish to log into exchange as another network user you need that users domain ID and password.

If you can log into outlook as yourself and need to see another's mailbox you need him/her give you proxy permissions.

If your problem is W2K login to a local computer and you can log in as administrator, you can go to control panel and under users and passwords, add another user and domain if necessary.

You should be able to add more User Profiles in Control Panel | Mail. From the first profile you will need to tell Outlook to prompt for which profile you wish to open the program as. So when it is launched it gives a dialog box with a drop-down menu to choose which profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back