Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Line on Purchase Order not showing under Open P/O button in MLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieB313

Technical User
Dec 19, 2006
US
Hi all,

Although I'm certain I've come across this before, the steps I've tried haven't resolved this issue, so before I spiral out of control into a mess of over thinking:

From the user's email to me (just an aside, the email is titled "HELP". [smile] Gotta love it):

[blue]"In Inventory Management, Multiple Level Item View, enter part number 74XYZ. It shows 1,000 on order, 525 on hand.
So click on PO to find the due date of the 1,000 on order, and there are no open lines. The last line was received in January from Hxxxxxx.

Now go to Purchase Order, Scheduled Receipts, by Part Number. Enter 74XYZ. It shows 1,000 on PO 24196 due 8/19."[/blue]

Her question is, 'Why is that not showing up in MLIV?' I've checked that reset qty-on-order and allocations have been run, checked for empty fields in the item number set up, checked that the PO was printed after the change order was done ...

We are using Macola Progression 7.7.400. Am I missing something simple?

Any info, THANKS!
Julie B.

When you ran reset qty on order, did you check the checkbox "reset inventory transactions"?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Thank you for the response!

The reset qty-on-order was run over the weekend following the date the date change had been made on the PO. Reset inventory trx? was checked.

I also ran the resets for just the p/n on 5/23 as I was doing my investigation but did not check the reset box.

In the meantime I've checked the IM master and IM/LOC audit trails for the part number, also file validations for the IM and AP Vendor, and saw nothing *'d or otherwise out of the ordinary....

Is it time to call my vendor and check for a database disconnect somewhere? [:-(]

On that order line for 1,000 pcs, go in and change it to 1,001. The print the change order. Then change it back to 1,000 and print the change order and see if it fixes it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Thanks. Unfortunately, this didn't fix it. I was hopeful, too; it sounded like it would work.

Reset on order and allocations was run again over the long weekend and the situation still hasn't resolved.

I'm going to go back over the po's, one that 'works' and the one that's causing the problem, one more time, to see if I can spot any differences.

I appreciate the assistance, but please don't trouble yourself further. When I find what went wrong and where, I will post it!

Thanks again for all your help,

Julie B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back