Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open GL

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x4B47

Programmer
Jun 22, 2003
US
Hi group,
I am pretty amazed at the fact that there isn't a forum exclusive for the OpenGL API programmers. As this is a C++ forum and OGL is mainly used with C++, are there people here that are OGL programmers??
K.

I would guess that most people using VC++ these days are using DirectX. If you don't get any responses here try the Unix forum: forum208

-pete

I use OpenGl with Visual C++. The primary on-ine reference is the opengl site (not specific to visual c++ but much of the info is). I would like to find a site dedicated to programmers who refuse to use MFC.

Thanks. Knew of "nehe" but not "gametutorials".

Hello im having problems playing any game that is open gl compatible, i
have a geforce2 card, and its says its open gl compatible? So i cant
figure out why i cant play them. Please help!

It would help if you told us what type of error message your getting. Sometimes after the game is installed you might have to go into the option screen and select your card to OpenGL as its usually set to D3D (DirectX).

Even though your card maybe OGL compatible, its best to install the runtime version of DirectX 9.0. Most games use this anyway and u dont have to configure it once its installed. All u have to do is install the game and play!

If you guys want an OGL specific forum (as opposed to an MFC implementation of OGL, can't you just create one ?) I am sure theres the option to create a new group in Tek-tips somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back