Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

open form on dblClick with selected data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragu111

MIS
Aug 15, 2002
AE
i have 2 forms. form1 = data entry from and from2 = datasheet view form. whatever data i entered on form1 i can view the details on form2 which i use like a query form.

by double clicking on a data on form2. i wanted to open the form1 with same data to do an update on the data.

can someone help me on this...

Ragu-

Hello Ragu,
If I understand what you are asking then you need to create two forms. The first form would be to create a form reference to the table you want to update and drag the field list on to the form. Next either in macro or vba create the openform formName on the on click event to open the form to add data. Now create the second form reference the same table and insert all the fields like the first form but this time in the macro or vba open the form using the double-click event. Place a button on both forms but link the button to the correct form. I hope this is clear.
Good Luck! and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back