Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open file option

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepc

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
US
I have a network where users have their .pst files located on the server. When the backup runs at night it will fail quite often on .pst files and state they are corupt. I tell everyone to close Outlook at night but someone always ends up forgetting. If I add the open file option to backup exec would that resolve my backup issues?

I've been able to backup Access databases and other web files while in use without an issue with the Open File. It's always worth a shot, but I would assume it would resolve the problem.

Yes.. Open File option would help - providing that they are keeping their Outlook open over night...

There is a way to bypass the error - by having Backup Exec ignore open files - HOWEVER... it won't back them up - and it defeats the purpose...

AlRo
System Administrator
Ottawa, Canada.

You could enable the Domain Controller to force the logoff after xx hours.
I have this setup for a few departments that always let the computer on all night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back