Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open File Automatically 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest4

Technical User
Aug 27, 2001
US
Good afternoon. I have a forma with a subform. On the subform, I have a textbox and two command buttons, Display and Print. I found a proceedure in FAQ that clains it can open any file. I kind of works, but I would like it more automatic, like when I click the diplay button the file in the textbox, which is DPartNumber, would open the file in normal view. I have this code which open the directory, but I need to double click the file to open it. Can any let me know if this can be used to open the file? Here is the code:
Private Sub DisplayDrawing_Click()
Call fHandleFile("U:\PartPics\", WIN_NORMAL)
End Sub
Thank you for any assistance.

Hi Guest4,

Try the example that I have posted at file to download: CommonDialogAccessGuest4.zip

I've taken your idea about using an Access report to display your images.

The code is short and sweet so it should be easy enough to understand.

Unfortunately, this will either work for you or not, I am leaving the forum as of now, so won't be able to answer any questions. I have had enough of members like ajaeger thread702-678360 etc who spoil things on this site for grateful members like yourself. Members can blame her for my site becoming a "Dead Link".

Will leave the file available for download for next 24 hours.

Good luck

Bill

Bill, I hope that sometime you will find out that your solution works great. I do hope that you will return sometime soon, this place needs more great people like your self. I wish you the very best in your search for a job. I can never thank you enough for the time and assistance you have given me and I have learned alot from you, you are a great teacher. So thank you again, and I hope to hear from you again sometime.
PS: Don't let people get to you or get you down, remember it is hard to sore with the eagles, when your fly with turkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back