Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open file agent service won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

APierce1

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
US
After upgrading our backup server from NT4 to 2000, now I'm getting all kinds of sharing violations when I try to backup user home directories. I'm using ArcServe 2000 with SP3 (I know, I know) installed. I squeezed a little info out the CA tech under a different incident, and he told me to install the open file agent on my server. The install went fine, but the service will not start. It doesn't return any error other than it won't start. The server was required to be restarted after the install. Has anyone come across this before? I'm stumped and darn tired of paying $95 per incident with CA just to get their crappy software to work.

Best regards,
Alan Pierce
Ithaca, NY

An update - in the application log, I get the error "Backup Agent for Open Files Driver not running"

Best Regards,
Alan Pierce
Ithaca, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back