Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

open explorer.exe with thumbnails 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoenPiller

Programmer
Apr 4, 2001
NL
Hi,
I use to open a directory
Code:
ShellExecute(0,'open,[Explorer.exe], myDirectory, [], 1)
which works fine. Now I would like to open the directory default with the Thumbnails view. Any idea which paramaters I should apply to get this result?
Kone

Mike,
Thanks for the support. It was even easier than I would have thought. It is Windows to recall the last-opened-state. So the trick is, open the folder once with Thumbnail option and all the subsequent openings will be Thumbnailed. Dont know yet what will happen after a forced close down or Windows update restart but just open Thumbnail option once more and you are fine.
BTW the link you have provided gives some info, but not realy up-to-date (starts with 3.X till the most famouw Millenium edition)
Regards,
Koen

Koen,

I didn't deserve the star, but thanks anyway.

It is Windows to recall the last-opened-state. So the trick is, open the folder once with Thumbnail option and all the subsequent openings will be Thumbnailed.

Yes, that's correct. But I assumed you wanted this to be part of your application. How can you force your users to manually open the folder and set the thumbnail option?

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back