Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

open director 8.5 project on Director 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

QC

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CH
I have Director 8.5 on PC and I have a Mac with director 8 on it.
I need to create a hybrid CD-ROM. The whole Project is finished on my PC, all I need to be finished is to create a projector on my Mac's Director. But Director 8.5 files won't open on Director 8.

Any sugestions?

I rekon your best bet is to ask for some nice Mac-using, 8.5 owning person to make you a stub projector which will run your director file.

I'd help you myself, but I'm a PC man.

good luck

Nono...this won't be a single project. I need a solution that would work out for more than one time only. Isn't there something like a Dir-file converter or something like that?

Nah, As far as I know, there is no converter.

One of the best tips I was given when I started using director, was to create a dummy or stub projector on MAC and PC, which contains lingo telling it to run "Main.dxr"
then name your main movie "Main.dxr" that way you can use it in all your projects. If you ask around, I'm sure that someone who owns MAC 8.5 will make one for you and you can just use that to run your main file!

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back