Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Database Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

stemitch2000

Programmer
Nov 12, 2003
GB
This is a total long shot. I have got a access database with a website front. It has come to that time when the server that it is on is coming to it tithes, and the system is being migrated to a new server. The system worked "fine" on the old server, but it doesn't work all the time on the new server. Sometimes it does work and it does show the records I am searching for, othertimes it does not. (We think the after 90 seconds or so the varible re-initialiates itself hence it works)

After some initial investigation we think it is falling down when trying to open a connection to the database for the second time. We do get this error

error number -2147467259
error description Unspecified error

Has anyone seen this error and know how to fix it?

Also in the log, we get the following error (when the connection is run the second time).

/msadc/msadcs.dll/advanced datafactory.execute

Please does anyone have any ideas!!

Have you checked your sql statement, are you placing the right datatypes into the right fields?

yeah the data types are right - as I said before is works fine on the old server.

What are you using for a connect string?
Also, what are the differences in your servers?

Paul

the difference between servers is nt4 and 2k. the connect string is....

Set con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
strDSN = Session("strDSN")
con.Open "DSN=" & strDSN

where strDSN is a DSN name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back