Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Combo Box by Hitting the Down Arrow 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamedwardkim

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2002
US
Can someone help me with this? I'd like a combo box to open when the down arrow key has been pressed. Thank you.

Definition of Open? Combo Box can be invisible until an On Key Down event (such as the Down Arrow being depressed) which changes the combo box .Visible property to True.

Am I on target here?

Cj

If you press Alt + down arrow when the cursor is in the combo it will drop down.

An alternate is to use Sendkeys "%"{down} in the On Enter event to drop the combo automatically when you enter.

If you're getting just one blank line, it's probably because the properties of your combo box are not retrieving the records or putting them in the right place.

Post back with the following properties and we'll be able to get it sorted out:
rowsourceType
Rowsource
Columns
ColumnWidths
BoundColumns

And make sure there are records in the rowsource.

Jeremy
=============
Jeremy Wallace
Designing, Developing, and Deploying Access Databases Since 1995

Take a look at the Developer's section of the site for some helpful fundamentals.

I should have explained my problem a little clearer. But AHG understood what I meant, thanks to ALL.

In the OnEnter event just put the code

cboName.DropDown

It avoids having to use Macr.. Mac.. er I can't say it - you remember the things I mean

G LS
accessaceNOJUNK@valleyalley.co.uk
Remove the NOJUNK to use.

That's pretty cool... I think I will use that. Thanks LittleSmudge.

In the On Key Down Event, put this code.

If KeyCode = 40 Then Me.comboboxname.Dropdown

Replace comboboxname with the name of your combo box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back