Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open browser window problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanje

Technical User
Oct 20, 2000
US
pcnuben.tripod.com
The problem Im having is clicking on text in a layer to open a pop up browser window
The problem is that it opens a pop up window but also opens the entire page on the browser
I have no problems with images (objects)

any help would be greatly appreciated

sanje1@netzero.net

Please put up ur pages so that we can have a look at them or just past the code and i will try to see what the problem is

regards ::) [sig]<p>Unicorn11<br><a href=mailto:abhishek@tripmedia.com>abhishek@tripmedia.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>ENJOY !!!!!!!!!![/sig]

Thank you for replying

My dilema is that I want to create hyperlink text with behaviors to open a browser window without leaving the origianl page

I have no problems with rollovers or images but if I use text I cannot get it to attach the behavior to it without creating a hyperlink
Once i do that it opens a seperate browser window but also changes the page

See my example below

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=iso-8859-1&quot;>
<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!--
function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
window.open(theURL,winName,features);
}
//-->
</script>
</head>

<body bgcolor=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot;>
<p>Here is an example:</p>
<p> </p>
<div id=&quot;Layer1&quot; style=&quot;position:absolute; width:273px; height:115px; z-index:1&quot;>
<pre>HI my name is sanje

<a href=&quot; onClick=&quot;MM_openBrWindow(' here to enter this site</a></pre>
</div>
<p>  </p>
</body>
</html>

any ideas?
Again thanks for replying

Thank you you kept me from pulling my hair out

I though Dreamweaver would have that built in but I guess not Thanks agian

Dreamweaver does have a one that is built in

but i prefer to use the script of my own because it has a lot of advantages

regards

Unicorn11