Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open barcode software from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

romnew

Programmer
Feb 27, 2002
ZA
Hi all,
I wish to open Barcode software from Access 2000 and print a barcode label from detail data in Access.
I am not familiar with the "shell" of other softare from Access. Any help appreciated.
Thanks

I think that there is no problem with use of shell.
Shell(pathname[,windowstyle])
You should use full reference for software that is not in the same directory as the Access program.
X = Shell("C:\Program Files\BARONE\Labels.exe", 3)
"3" means "Window is maximized with focus".
If you place software in the same directory as the Access program.
X = Shell("IR_Read.exe", 1)
"1" means "Window has focus and is restored to its original size and position.".

Hi Andrey22,
I will apply your reply info and thanks for replying
Romnew

You can also print barcodes from access, I have created several tools activex. It was easier then using outside programs.

Jason

Hullo Jason,
You suggested that you could send me details of what you did in Access to print barcodes and make it easy.
If at all possible please let me have it.
Thanks
Romnew

romnew,

If Jason simply sent you the code, how would you or any of the rest of us learn anything? ;-)

Please Jason, show us how!
Thanks

Not that is matters, but I have learned 90% of my programming from seeing other peoples code or databases and converting them to my need.

Why do you thin all the kelp file have examples included.?

I will get the file by EOB.

Thanks
Jason

Jason,

I have also learned much by converting code from others. However, in the spirit of Tek-Tips, I've got two issues with people sending each other code like that.

1) The person receiving it often learns nothing and simply implements the working code.

2) A person who has the same problem 3 months from now and finds this thread cannot benefit from code sent offline.

Code posted online solves issue #2. As for issue #1, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do except hope that most people who find the code will use it wisely.

I'm not trying to come down as being harsh on anybody. Just trying to keep Tek-Tips as useful to everybody as possible.

I agree with KornGeek...as I have similar problems right now and could also use the info.

Romnew,
Go to the Grand Zebu site and download fonts and VB code to print barcodes.
Most of the barcodes are there, with fonts and VB code to encode the barcodes.
I just posted this info in a newer post by boxboxbox. And as I told Amanda, if you use his code don't forget to "Thank" him. He has done the Access/Excel world a great favor.
jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back