Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open as a WEB Folder in link

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBragg

MIS
Sep 29, 2003
US
I want to be able to have a user click a link that automatically opens as a web folder instead of telling the user to do File, Open, paste the link then click "open as web folder". Also what is the syntax to add user name and password in link so it would look something like this

username:password "open as web folder"

Thanks for your help.

Well, you can link " but Micro$oft recently released a patch that makes this impossible - to my and other people's anger.
For opening as a webfolder: make sure indexing is on (server-side configuration) and don't put a index.htm in the folder.

Peace,

Yellow

Thanks. Where is indexing located on IIS6 and is it on by default. Now if I put in something like and there is no index.htm it brings up the files in a link format and files can't be uploaded. If WEB folder is checked it comes up as a web folder then can be uploaded and downloaded from like I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back