Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

open APPYM table with MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydcba

Technical User
Apr 12, 2006
CA
Hello,

I use sometimes MS Access to link Sage 300 tables using ODBC from SQL database server. Most of the time it works fine. For a few tables, like APPYM, the results are "#Deleted" for all records, while opening the same table with Excel works fine.
APPYM_table_apa3h2.jpg

SQL database properties options:
SQL_database_options_mwy8oz.jpg

I suspect the reason is that there is no primary key on APPYM table.

Other ideas, solutions ?

Sometimes MS Access would have problems if the number of columns was too long or if the total data length of a row was too long.

Try with just a couple of fields and see if that helps.

And there is a primary key on that table. If you're not seeing it, that might be indicative of other problems.

I was able to access APPYM table records by importing data using ODBC database

From_ODBC_database_slwsgw.jpg

Before I was accessing APPYM table records directly from SQL server

From_SQL_Server_a7thwp.jpg

I went too fast, it is working only working when importing the source data not for linking to the data source.

Get_external_data_ibk3ug.jpg

and in order to update records in the table, source data has to be linked

Still trying to figure out, why when linking to the data source the results show #Deleted for all records

Also watch for field names that are Access keywords.

Start with just a couple of fields. You're unlikely to need to update all of the fields.

Alternatively, you can create a SQL pass-through query to update the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back