Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open an file with odt extention with VisualFoxPro 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalinx

Programmer
Nov 1, 2017
RO
Hello!
My english is very bad. I'm very sorry.
I have a file with extention "odt" (OpenOffice).
I want to open with VisualFoxPro 9.0 and I don't know how.
Can you help me with an example.
Thank you very much!

You can't open an ODT file in Visual Foxpro. An ODT file is a word processor document, just like those produced by Microsoft Word. In fact, you can open the file in Word, and then save it in another format, including Word's DOCX. But even then, you won't be able to do anything useful with it in Foxpro.

Perhaps you could explain why you want to open the ODT in VFP? What information do you hope to extract from it?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

It's an existing file and I want to print this file from my program. I use automation to create an file with extention "odt". But sometimes it is necessary to open an existing file with "odt" extention. I hope you undestand me.
Thank you!

No, you can't expect VFP to open a binary word processor file and print it, you rather make that a job for Windows.

Shellexecute with action "print" would print any file the way the standard application the OS knowss associated with the file extension does.

The other point If you automaate Open Office, then there should not only be a way to create and save, but also print files via that automation. If you don't know, Intellisense in the command window could tell you.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back