Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open an existing .ppt powerpoint file from Visual Basic 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeonM

Programmer
Sep 6, 2005
ZA
I creating a program Visual Basic 6 to export pictures from existing powerpoint files.
How do I open and existing powerpoint file through a common dialog control. Powerpoint application should not open, basically I just want to open a ppt file leave it in
"memory" and then export the pictures?
Hope you guys can help me out!

Regards

DeonM,

Take a look at the GetObject method. There's a good explanation in VB HELP.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]A palindrome gone wrong?[/red]
A man, a plan, a ROOT canal...
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

Hi there and thanks for your reply!
Could you please assist me in how to use the GetObject function. I searched on the internet and on VBHelp but I just don't know how to use it. I'm a newbie!

Thanks alot!

Did you look at VB Help? There are some great code examples there.

Skip,
[sub]
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

What VB help do you mean. If you are talking about msdn, I do not have that installed on my PC. I kinda lost the disks!
I got two VB6 books but nothing there is helping me!

In the VB Editor you have a help menu.

Skip,
[sub]
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

The thing is I'm not using the vb editor in Powerpoint application. I want to create this program in Visual Basic 6 itself. The vb6 help is called MSDN and I don't have it!
Please help!
Thanks

Suggest you read faq222-2244 to see how the forum works, including how to do your basic research! If this is actually VB6 not VBA then you should be in forum222. If MSDN is not installed then re-install it from your original installation disks, or contact Microsoft with your original registration details for a copy.

If you don't have the original disks or the registration details, see faq222-2244 paragraph 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back