Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open All from results window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkernen

Programmer
Mar 2, 2001
US
In Homesite 4.0, if I've done a Find across dozens of folders and find matches in each of them, is there a faster, easier way to open all the documents at once without double-clicking on each one in the Results window? Is there an "open all" command?
Thanks!

If you use the SHIFT key to select all the results in the Results pane, then right-click the mouse on the selected results and select "Open in Editor", HomeSite will open them all without having to double-click each one.

That must work only in a newer version of Homesite. I can select only one line at a time even holding down the Shift key in 4.0. Right-clicking gives me the options to Clear, Browse, or Close Results. Unfortunately, we have no plans to upgrade, so I'm back to double-clicking! Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back