Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Access Database Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolscan3

Programmer
Oct 23, 2001
GB
I am using :
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Test\DrawingsSA.mdb" /excl

to open a Database Exclusive, works fine

Is it possible to open it exclusive without using the
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" part

You're opening this via command line? That's what it looks like... or a shortcut properties? That doesn't look like how you'd open it from VBA is why I'm asking. If so, then I think the first part is required. If you're really opening from VBA, then yes, I believe it's possible to do without the first part.

How are you opening this? From Excel VBA, Word VBA, within another database??? And how are you using it?

It is to form Part of a batch file which will require a relative path (To run from a DVD) hence the need to Open Exclusive to avoid writing the .ldb file

require a relative path
Perhaps simply this (in a batch file on the DVD)?
msaccess DrawingsSA.mdb /excl

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks for the Reply

I tried start msaccess drawingsSA.mdb /excl previously but access could not find DrawingsSA.mdb

After further investigation

start msaccess %cd%\drawingsSA.mdb /excl

worked ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back