Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a new window when enter a site despite blockers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlm823

Programmer
Oct 29, 2003
US
Hello

I'm trying to have a mp3 player open when someone enters a site into a new window. Naturally my client has a pop-up blocker so it isn't showing. Is there any advice on what I can do with Javascript?

Thanks!

tsdragon said:
I really HATE it when some web site resizes my browser window. If anyone knows a way to block that, without blocking all javascript, I'd be very grateful.

in Firefox, go to Options > Content > check "Enable Javascript" Advanced > uncheck "Move or resize existing windows"

-jeff
lost: one sig, last seen here.

Thanks, Jemminger. I don't usually use FireFox (for a variety of complicated reasons), but I'll keep that in mind.

I don't think the point of our comments was to slight the morality or intelligence of people who pop up or resize windows, but simply to inform the OP that there ARE people who REALLY dislike the practice, and to advise them that they just might want to consider an alternative.

For sites like MSNBC or CNN (and all others) I rely on my popup blocker to prevent the annoying popups, rather than avoiding them altogether. If I go to a site where I really need to be able to see popups, I simply disable the blocker while I'm on that site.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back